Giants Software is going to broaden their Farming Simulator gaming series with an all new Farming Simulator Kids geared towards, well, kids obviously. The new game is produced in cooperation with John Deere, so it is likely to include tractors and the likes from the iconic green brand.
Aimed towards younger children, the new game will focus on audiovisual presentation instead of text, and provide a child-friendly environment to play in. Virtual neighbors – including some anthropomorphic animal characters – display their needs for help and ask young players to harvest crops, or prepare a delicious sandwich.
They will also be able to explore farm locations to grow and harvest healthy crops, or care for adorable farm animals like cows, chickens, or geese in their stables. The game will include mini-games like gardening and sandwich-making as well as the possibility to visit their own farmers’ market and meet characters to interact with. As big tractors and other vehicles are a must, kids can operate a variety of John Deere machines.
“We’re thrilled beyond measure to introduce young children to farming in a playful and sheltered way,” says Thomas Frey, Creative Director at GIANTS Software. “With John Deere as our ideal partner for Farming Simulator Kids, we’re creating an educational and unforgettable – even inspiring – farming game for young players, one that may even nurture their general interest in farming.”
“It is a pleasure for us to support such an appealing project, which introduces children to agriculture in a playful way and awakens their interest in food production,” comments Stefan Mügge, Manager Marketing Communication at John Deere.
- · Child-Friendly Graphics, Music & Sound Effects
- · Character Creator with Lots of Styles & Possibilities
- · Multiple Locations to Explore: Farm, Barn, Market & More
- · 10+ Crops to Plant & Harvest, 75+ Food Items, 100+ Objects & Other Items
- · Vehicles & Tools by John Deere, the World’s Largest Agricultural Brand
- · Domestic & Wild Animals to Befriend and Care for
- · Loveable Characters and Animals to Meet
- · Activities like Field Tasks, Driving Vehicles, Gardening & Making Sandwiches
- · Achievement System & Video Creator
Farming Simulator Kids will be released in Spring 2024 for Nintendo Switch and mobile devices.